I went for a run. It actually felt like spring out! But, after all this, I was still feeling discontent with life. Not happy at all, more dreading the week and the day than enjoying it. Leigh and I were planning joining Frassati Fellowship for mass, dinner and adoration. I was not in the mood to socialize and couldn't figure out why I agreed to go.
We arrived, met a few people, made some small talk, mentioning to everyone that I moved here a week ago. Nothing too exciting. At point, I glanced to my right, and there, among the New Yorkers and nuns, was an old high school teammate, MJ. I ran and hugged her. It was so good to see a familiar face. She is in NY discerning the Franciscan Sisters for only 10 days. I can't believe how much joy I felt from running into an old friend. It was just what I need to brighten my day and proceed into another week.
When you need it the most, God always provides, but it is only in your absolute desperation that He does. Seeing MJ was just the gift I needed in my despair. It reminds me of Captivating, He adores you more than you ever know. God wants to give you gifts. "God delights in revealing himself to those who will seek him with all their hearts. He is an extravagant, abundant Lover, and he loves to reveal his heart to us again and again."
This just may be one of my all time favorite posts. I don't know why, but it makes me smile, and miss you a whole lot.
ReplyDelete