When you start something new, whether it's moving away or going off to college or going to camp or joining a group, it always takes a bit of adjustment. When moving, it's the 6 month rule. Once your at something for 6 months, after those initially hard months, life becomes easy again. It's usually the process of meeting people, becoming accustom to a new life and new schedule, but once that becomes normal, life flows. That probably means I'll date someone for 6 months and then get married right after. Ha.
I moved to Hoboken expecting the 6 month rut, since I experienced it this past fall when I was home. And it definitely has been just what I expected. There are way too many times when I have questioned what I am doing and why I am here. But, I think I just cut the rut short, I met a friend.
Bailey just moved to Hoboken too, surprisingly, about the exact same time that I did, but I didn't know her. Both of us have jobs that are on our own schedule and we are working on our own. That means we will turn a new coffee shop into our office each week so we can be productive and get work done! I found myself to be a ton more productive with someone to hold me accountable. No more snacks every hour too!
So, as we were planning our list of things to do in Hoboken this morning on our way to the coffee shop, we came across a hideous pink dresser. The exact shade of pink the Planned Parenthood bus is (see SFLA blog post about that here).

Revolting. I guess it would be ok when... eh I'm not too sure. Ahha, on my families 'Clan Cven Peace Love Turkey' trot shirts from 2010. Those were lovely.

Well, we took the dresser and it took about 20 min to load it into my tiny Civic. We tried going through the door and fitting it in the trunk, but the only way it fit, was for it to not fit at all. Thankfully, we only had about 7 blocks to drive!

This is day one of many fun days to come which will be filled with peanut butter cup pancakes, pints and needles, book clubs, carrot cakes, making Bailey run, getting path cards, exploring the city, drinking on the pier, and enjoying life. Fitting pink dressers in the back of cars is what life is about!
Loved this post! Sometimes we forget that we need to enjoy life!
ReplyDeleteps. I loved the "this means I will probably date someone for 6 months and then get married" :)
I love that pink dresser! Also, I'm awarding you a Stylish Blogger Award over on my blog :) http://anna-gemutlichkeit.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete