Amy and I swore at the Dodson wedding that we were officially done blogging. I no longer had any inspiration, it seemed like more of a burden than fulfilling. She felt the same. So we were done.
And... it lasted only a month for me. Her too.
This time around, I'm taking a more concentrated approach where my thoughts will be focused around a theme: being brave. This new blog will be more consistent and will emphasise the little things of bravery in my life. It will hold me accountable for living out my life motto by making sure that I do something brave each week that I can blog about. I also hope it will inspire you to seek out acts of bravery each day; pushing yourself past the comfortable limits to make life extraordinary.
My closet contains an assortment of shoes that I have collected over the years. Of course there are an overabundance of running shoes and many flats, but I do have a few pairs of heel that only seem to make it out of the shoe box for weddings and other events. Occasionally, I find myself pulling a pair of wedges or patent leather heels out, trying them on with an outfit, and then losing the courage to wear them outside of my room. Probably a mix of not wanting to draw any sort of unnecessary attention to myself and not wanting to be taller than most of the men, makes me put them away.
I was tired of that.
These past two weekends, I went out. Instead of putting the heels back in their boxes, I put on my new J. Crew pants accompanied with the heels and confidently walked out the door.
My bravery for the week :)


Yay!!! come back to Hoboken and we can wear our heels out!! I always want to wear mine but I am usually the only one. Although, I wore my (red high heels, like Kelli Pickler!) one night and my feet suffered the consequences the next day- so worth it :)
ReplyDeleteWay to be confident!!!
I'm glad we're back :)
ReplyDelete