Sunday, April 29, 2012

Olympic Athletes and Redemption

Bryan Clay is my new favorite athlete. He competed at APU and still trains at the track which is about ten minutes west of where I live.  A few weekends ago, I ran at APU for the Bryan Clay Invitational. As hoped, Bryan Clay was there for the first release of his biography, Redemption. Now, I am reading his book and he has quite an inspiring life filled with struggles, successes, and faith. He picks out the glimpses of God in his life, even when he dealt with a broken family and anger issues growing up. To him, everything life event, good or bad, has meaning and has made him into the person he is today. He has a beautiful outlook on life:

"Understanding commitment also helped me to understand what love really is. I had often said that I loved track. But now I wondered what that really meant [...] If love was a feeling, then nothing was stable. It could come and go like the wind. And if love was a feeling, then God's love toward us was based on convenience and whim too. I knew that wasn't true [...] I realized that love is actually commitment - a choice [...] To say I loved something or someone meant I would choose that thing or that person even when I didn't feel like it."

Now, check out this video. I can't wait for the Olympics!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome video! Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait for the Olympics either and now I know who I'll be cheering for!

    ReplyDelete