Blogging is hard now that I don't have extensive amount of time to myself to think. In the past, blogging was my outlet for the cumbersome thoughts that constantly circulated my mind. Now, I'm too focused on daily activities like the SCIAC conference meet this week, final exams on Halloween, finding a seasonal job to balance my expenses, finishing my 700 page book, reading running related books and on and on and on. Life is busy! Thankfully!
Anyway, here is another daily challenge that I am slacking on: memorizing my favorite quote. Surprisingly, I have not yet posted this quote. It's been over a year of blogging and out of all of the quotes posted, I failed to post my favorite. It comes from The Four Loves by C.S. ("Clive Staples") Lewis, but I originally found it in Captivating by John and Staci Edwards. Both books have subtly shaped my life, as most books do. Enjoy!
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell. -C.S. Lewis

No comments:
Post a Comment